jt7747 jt7747 is offline
Junior Member

Default Delete document metadate and statistics

First of all can I say how difficult it was to register here - the secret question asked if a whale was a 'mammel', spelt wrong, and the string recognition graphics were so difficult that I had to retry 10 times before I got it right. I really hate it when websites make it so difficult to sign up that it costs you minutes of your life. It would be helpful if that form specified whether the string capture was case sensitive, whether it used zero or 'O' etc. Very difficult for new users.

Here is my question
I was very worried to see that word secretly records the amount of time spent editing my document, as well as it's creation date and modification dates and whatnot.

This is information I definitely do not want to share with a boss/employer/client.

Short of pasting the contents into a brand new document prior to emailing, can you tell me how to delete all the metadata that Word 2007 secretly collects. This is potentially confidential info and I do not want to share it, but it's impossible to delete in Word as far as I can see.

Thanks in advance for tips