Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
vttotal vttotal is offline

Default Numbered list- want to color just one word with color, not number

Hi,

I had the same issue once. I think you just have to be very careful of
highlighting the text with your mouse because if you go over (for instance)
the first letter word will think that you are selecting the whole row. The
best thing to do is to either:

Write a sentence, put that word in the middle, color it and then delete all
the othr words around it.

Click on the last letter and make sure that the scroll is highlighting the
space after that letter. Then hold the "shift" key and scroll with the arrows
(to the left) until the whole word is highlighted and then colour it.

Let me know how it goes,

--
Vicente Tulliano

"Jugglertwo" wrote:

Using Word 2003. I have number lists with a word like:
1. bread
2. butter
3. meat
4. candy
When I color the word, the number is colored along with this. I can select
undo and correct it but that is a pain.
Is there some setting that will allow me to just pick the word, change its
color, and not have the preceding number pick up the color?
Thanks for any assistance with this item!
Jugglertwo