Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default [Word 2010] - Red dashed rectangle surrounding text

We have already told you what it is and how to get rid of it. Did
Ctrl+Spacebar not work?

http://word.mvps.org

"Movie Maniac®" wrote in message
Il 26/07/2010 13.40, Lisa Wilke-Thissen ha scritto:
"Movie Maniac®" wrote,

I've been given a doc file and I have to do some editing on it. There
is some text that is surrounded by a red dashed rectangle that rotates
clockwise. It is the first
time that I see this and I really do not know whats up.

The document was created in Word 2003?

I really do not know. It is a technical document, part of an executive
project. It has been compiled from a model.

Maybe, you see the "red marching
ants". In Word 2007/2010 this text effect has been eliminated - it is no
longer accessible from the UI.

I do not know what "red marching ants" is, unfortunately. I am currently
using office 2010 beta. I tried to save it to docx format, but the problem
persists.

Then I opened the docx with 7zip and took a look at the word\document.xml
file. I found this line of code:
w:effect w:val="antsRed"/

so it might be that the "red marching ants" effect is applied . Is this
true?

I could try to attach the file if it was possible. I could send it to
anybody who would be so kind to take a look at it.

Thanks to all!