Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dyadiddy dyadiddy is offline

Default Different page numbering in sections

In Word 2007, my page numbering is correct in section2 (beginning at 1,
different first page). I want to eliminate all page numbering from section1,
but how? I tried "Remove page numbering" - no effect. If I select the page
number in the footer, it disappears from the entire document even though
section2 footer is *not* "same as previous". I tried inserting { IF { PAGE }
5 ""} in the footer and got that in place of the number!