Charles Kenyon

The following macro comes close to what I want for the borders. May be of
use to others.

Sub Macro3()
'
' Macro3 Macro
' Macro written 5/3/2005 by Charles Kyle Kenyon
' Inserts page borders and sets margins for pleadings.
With Selection.Sections(1)
With .Borders(wdBorderLeft)
.LineStyle = wdLineStyleDouble
.LineWidth = wdLineWidth050pt
.Color = wdColorAutomatic
End With
With .Borders(wdBorderRight)
.LineStyle = wdLineStyleSingle
.LineWidth = wdLineWidth050pt
.Color = wdColorAutomatic
End With
.Borders(wdBorderTop).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
.Borders(wdBorderBottom).LineStyle = wdLineStyleNone
With .Borders
.DistanceFrom = wdBorderDistanceFromText
.AlwaysInFront = True
.SurroundHeader = False
.SurroundFooter = False
.JoinBorders = False
.DistanceFromTop = 24
.DistanceFromLeft = 4
.DistanceFromBottom = 24
.DistanceFromRight = 4
.Shadow = False
.EnableFirstPageInSection = True
.EnableOtherPagesInSection = True
.ApplyPageBordersToAllSections
End With
End With
With ActiveDocument.PageSetup
.TopMargin = InchesToPoints(1)
.BottomMargin = InchesToPoints(1)
.LeftMargin = InchesToPoints(1.5)
.RightMargin = InchesToPoints(0.8)
End With
End Sub
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
On Tue, 3 May 2005 14:03:53 -0500, "Charles Kenyon"
wrote:

You draw graphic lines, formatted to be behind text, in the header or
footer. If you have different first-page headers/footers, you need to put
them in both the first page header or footer and the continuation page
header or footer.

I have these in a separate document. My pleading templates automatically
copy them from that document and put them where they belong in new
documents
based on the template.

Hi Charles,

Is there a reason not to use page borders? In the Format Borders &
Shading Page Borders dialog, choose the line width and color, then
click the left and right edges of the preview to turn on only the
vertical borders.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman