Daiya Mitchell

Technical documents tend to use extra space between paragraphs instead of
indenting each paragraph, possibly borrowed from the way formatting for the
web works, not sure about the origins of that.

Indenting the first line of each paragraph is *certainly* the correct way,
when it comes to English papers, and most papers in the humanities. No one
has stopped indenting--look at any academic (non-technical) book. Also,
school papers are usually double-spaced, and extra space between
double-spaced paragraphs does not look very good, in my opinion.

For the information on how to set up the Find&Replace so that you could use
Replace All, start he
http://gmayor.com/replace_using_wildcards.htm

On 5/8/05 12:57 PM, "darklink" wrote:

Thanks for the info. I actually used the find and replace like you said,
although I had to watch it so It would not change things like Mr. and etc.
like you said. In the future i'll just set 2 spaces as the deafult in the
options. I think that 1 space works fine, but I'm figureing out that its all
about what your teacher thinks is right. Also do you guys know if indenting
is still used widely. I used to not ident and just skip a line, but now my
teacher also says that indenting is the "correct" way. I guess he right but I
thought that a lot of people had stop indenting or something. Anyway Thanks
for the ideas.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/