Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Hi DK

DK Goodwin wrote:
Hello, I've created custom style sheets for my client.

In Word-lingua, you probably mean templates?

They have many satelite offices each of which want thier
own look from the universal documents.

Nightmare! ;-)

Problem: We need the style separator to be in the style
sheets as the merge process strips the SSep during merge.
Example of resulting document wish is

What kind of merge are you talking here?

Section 1.01.1 tab Title of Section Style sep text of
section begins.

Rather than

Section 1.01.1 tab Title of Section Style sep
Text of section begins.

Help would be appreciated - got nearly 300 templates to
apply these styles to.

AFAIK, a style separator cannot be part of a style. But it's pretty hard
to decipher what it is you want to do here. If you want to allow your
users to easily enter the run-in title in the way you want it (which is
rather hard to imagine, unless the "Section 1.01.1" is formatted with a
left indent), you might want to define an AutoText or a macro and offer
them a button on a custom toolbar, something like that ...

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS