Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Hj,

I have set up a User DSN called PCI that uses the Microsoft Access Driver
and connects to a user database (.mdb) and a custom system database (.mdw).

I have used Microsoft Word to create a new .odc file (with +Connect to New
Data Source) to connect to a query called qryWord and this connection works
well.

Why not just connect directly using ODBC, and leave the (faulty) OLE DB part
out of this? Activate "Confirm conversions on open" in Tools/Options/General.
Now you can select ODBC as the connection method. In order to see your query
in the list, click "Options" and activate "Views".

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org