Doug Robbins

If you still have the document open, use Undo. Changing the date will do
nothing for you.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Max63" wrote in message
I attached a file (from desktop) to an outlook express message. Just before
sending I opened the file (from the message) and deleted most ofit, saved
and
sent.
Unfortunately I thus deleted the majority of the original file as well.
No backup system. Someone told me I could change the date on the computer
week back and this may help. Is it not possible that this will allow
access
to the same file (name unchanged) with an older time stamp?
HELP !!!!
thx.