Beth Melton

The fact of the matter is the person you are attempting to help
doesn't see your reply or may not see all of your reply, due to the
images.

In this case the OP has posted using the web interface on the MS site.
Some of your text shows up but the images don't. So unfortunately, all
that time you spent trying to help the OP was for naught. :-(

See for yourself:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...060&sloc=en-us

That's also one of the reasons incorporated the message warning about
posting in HTML and other newsreaders may not be about to read it and
it recommends you use plain text.

The general rule is if the newsgroup does not have 'bin' or 'binary'
in the name then posting attachments, embedded images, HTML or RTF
format is considered poor netiquette.

And if you ever wondered why many of us create a tutorials with screen
shots and such and then post links to them in our replies that's why.
;-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Cynthia" wrote in message
Some newsreaders will display HTML posts as they were posted. Others
(those that only use plain text) will not and will show as
attachments. For example, people who use AOL - I have a friend who
uses it and if I send her HTML stationery, she gets things as
attachments. I use Outlook Express specifically for its ability to
display WYSIWYG when I opt for rich text formatted e-mails. As I
explained to Suzanne - I am a visual person and if someone is
explaining how to do something in any given MS application, et al, it
helps ME if I can see a screen capture to go with it. I learn things
better that way, and it's a scientific fact that we remember what we
SEE better than what we read. Hence I use screen captures to explain
things to other folks. Perhaps what I should do is create tutorial
pages with these screen captures and then post links when answering
questions, eh? G

OE6 has a better way of handling this and I use it exclusively as my
newsreader of choice.

They still show up as attachments to anyone reading. Me, for
instance--my
newsreader shows the little paperclip that denotes an attachment and
lists
the files as attachments, even though they still show up automatically
in
the HTML message.

Since plain text cannot embed images, etc, those files have to be
attached
to the message. The HTML formatting that you are using just hides the
mechanism behind showing the image. I'm not familiar with OE, but I
suspect
the OE feature is just a quick way to hide the mechanics as well, but
that
it is still attaching the files behind the scenes. Just like a web
page--the images look like part of the page but are really separate
files.