Beth Melton

I couldn't find an automatic way when I encountered this issue. I was
thrilled to come up with something since everything I tried wouldn't
work. You can try editing the hyperlink fields and adding the /n
switch manually but I never had any success in all my attempts.

What I meant by copying the Hyperlink field is to speed up the
process, so you don't need to keep using Insert/Field, you can insert
a Hyperlink field with the /n switch and leave the "filename" argument
empty. Then copy the empty hyperlink field and paste it for the
hyperlink fields you need to replace in the document. If you display
the field codes then you can copy/paste the "filename" argument for
the incorrect field into the good one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Larry" wrote in message

Thanks a lot, Beth. I just looked for that today and couldn't find
it.
I copied here what you wrote. It looks like there's no automatic
way to
do this. If I have a document with 40 or 50 hyperlinks, I'd have to
do
this manually with each one.

But even if I'm trying to change just a couple of links, I don't
follow
the instructions, namely these three steps:

- Copy the Hyperlink field
- Insert the file path into the Hyperlink field
- Paste the Hyperlink field and insert the next file path, etc.

I copy the field, then I insert (manually) a path into it, and then
paste the field?

Thanks,
Larry