Mike

I checked Tools/Options/Save and the only default save type for a word
document is "Word Document (*.doc)"

I am supposedly running Word 2002 (10.6612.6714) SP3.

Any other suggestions as to how to eliminate the "Word6.0/95 text converter"
problem???

Thanks,

Mike

"Beth Melton" wrote:

Go to Tools/Options/Save and make sure your default Save As type isn't
set to "Word 6.0/95".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"Mike" wrote in message
When I save a Word file I now get a message:
"This file needs to be saved using the Word 6.0/95 text converter.
.using this converter may pose a security risk."

This started after I installed an old Office 95 version of
components such
as Excel, Access.
However, I did not install the old 95 version of Word.
I have deleted the old 95 Office components and reinstalled Word
2002 + SP3,
but it did not fix the problem.

How do I fix this problem?

I am running WinXP.