The New... item on the AutoText menu is grayed out unless text is selected.

"patrick m" wrote in message
All active templates

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What is the "Look in" setting in Insert | AutoText | AutoText?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"patrick m" wrote in message
For some reason I can no longer create new auto text. I have created

new
text
in the past but now the "new" section of the drop down is 'greyed out'

so
can not select it. To my knowledge I have not made any changes to word

that
would effect auto text. I do how ever use word as my editor for MS

Outlook.
Any suggestions?