Ruud van Buren

Hi Doug,

What I need to have is this:

I have a template where a date is in. This must be the date of creating the
merge document from that template.
When it is merged the datefield should be converted to ordinary text,
because it is saved in a CRM system and when they want to look into the
document they need not see the current date, but the date of the merge.

I tried to use Createdate, but than the date of creation of the template
shows up all the time.
The Savedate won´t work either. When I reopen it the last save date of the
template is shown.

Any ideas?

Ruud

"Doug Robbins" schreef in bericht
You haven't indicated why the Savedate or Createdate fields do not work.
However, if you just use a Date field and then before merging the
document, you select the field and then press Ctrl+Shift+F9, the field
will be converted to ordinary text and hence will not change.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Ruud van Buren" wrote in message
Hello,

For some templates which I merge I have a problem with the date field.

I need to insert a date field of today automatically and when saved and
print this date should stay the same when I reopen the document.

How can I make this possible. I tried Saveddate, Createdate, but that
doesn´t work.

Can anyone help me out quickly?

Ruud van Buren