garfield-n-odie

The first Word version that supported speech recognition was Word
2002 (Office XP), which is only one version before the current
Word 2003 (Office 2003), and the feature works the same way in
both versions. Not sure which "earlier versions" you're
referring to. Possibly you don't understand how speech
recognition works in Word any better than you understand how
bookmarks work in Word (to those who don't get the reference, see
Brod's advice to Sharon in
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...9639fa6ae0324a
).

Brod wrote:

Thank you Garfield. Trust me it WAS possible with the earlier versions.
When you altered the information it used to say it was saving it to such and
such a file and it was an easy matter to save the file to another location.
Now it just saves it but does not tell you where or how. I'm scared
something will go wrong and I'll have to go all through that tedious
re-education routine.

Sad it has been changed.

Thanks anyway.