Robert M. Franz (RMF)

Dmitry Kopnichev wrote:
I tried to OCR the scan http://kopn.narod.ru/o.gif An OCR program does
not retain the dashed lines and +s.

Ultimately, you might have to either resort to graphical programs to
replace your glyphs, or abandon the idea of preserving the exact output.

I have not tried to scan to pdf.
I got a reply in comp.text.pdf that the question is not for the group.

That group would only be correct if you are in fact dealing with PDFs
(read: scan to PDF), of course.

At least we have determined that the word groups are off-topic as well:
Word is not pretty good in retaining format even with stuff you created
in there in the first place. For imported text (or graphics which need
to be changed), it's not an adequate choice IMHO.

Good luck!
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS