And you can confine yourself to the first 3" of each row by setting a 1"
bottom cell margin.

"Doug Robbins" wrote in message
If you started with an existing label and modified it, those setting would
probably work. However, labels are really just tables with fixed cell
dimensions, so what you really need is a table with alternate rows of 3"

and
1". Or you can just use a table with 4" rows as long as you don't use

more
than the first 3" of each row.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"mc510" wrote in message
Having an odd problem setting up a custom label in Word 2002. My labels
are
3 inches tall, with 1 inch "wasted" space between each (vertically). So

set Vertical Pitch at 4", and Label Height at 3". But Word seems to be
ignoring the Vertical Pitch, and it gives me a layout for 3" tall labels
stacked immediately on top of each other, without accounting for the 1"
vertical buffer between the labels.

Am I doing something wrong?