BK

Anne

Thanks for the information. I'm off to read your article and give your
suggestions a try.

"Anne Troy" wrote in message
news:ce20a$42ddb8c9$97c5108d$6788@allthenewsgroups .com...
Hi, BK. When you start editing the caption, you're in design mode. Make
sure
you're out of design mode. Keep the Control Toolbox toolbar open until
you're all done. When you're in design mode, the top-left button on that
stays "active", and you can click it to turn off design mode.

Also, please make sure you're not unnecessarily using the Control Toolbox
checkbox if you could be using the one from the Forms toolbar:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"BK" wrote in message
Hmmmm! Using Word 2000 and inserting a check box via the Control Toolbox
toolbar. Once I insert the check box and exit the design mode, I can

check
and uncheck the box with the mouse click. However, once I try to edit
the
caption so that it says something intelligent instead of "checkbox1" I

seem
to lose the ability to check and uncheck the box.

I'm sure I'm being very stupid, but I'm stuck!!!