Charles Kenyon

You do _not_ want to be using the Controls Toolbox for this. Use the Forms
toolbar or another method. There are a number of ways to create and use
clickable checkboxes in documents / templates. Some require protected or
locked forms, others do not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available
at http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an
exploration of these.

If you want to use the Forms toolbar, then you'll need to protect the
document for forms. This is what Word calls an "online form." Check this in
help. For more about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"BK" wrote in message
Hmmmm! Using Word 2000 and inserting a check box via the Control Toolbox
toolbar. Once I insert the check box and exit the design mode, I can
check and uncheck the box with the mouse click. However, once I try to
edit the caption so that it says something intelligent instead of
"checkbox1" I seem to lose the ability to check and uncheck the box.

I'm sure I'm being very stupid, but I'm stuck!!!