Margaret Aldis

What format are you losing? If it's headers and footers, you need to put a
section break at the end of document 1 and document 2, then copy document 2
including its section break and paste after the section break in document 1.

If your document 2 text is getting reformatted to match document 1 text
formatting, maybe you have the same styles defined different ways in the two
documents. You'll need to rename the styles in document 2 so they don't
conflict with document 1. Or if you have Word 2002 or Word 2003 you could
experiment with the Paste Options to keep source formatting.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"meltedown" wrote in message
m...
I have 2 microsoft word documents, each with 1 page. I want to add them
together so they are 1 document with 2 pages. How do I do this ?
If I cut and paste document 2 onto the end of document 1, document 2 loses
its format.