Peter Barrett

Default Inconsistent Conversion of Adobe Reader text into Word

I have Adobe Reader 7.0 and Word 2002.

For some Adobe documents I am able to cut and paste from Adobe documents and
edit the resultant text in word. For other Adobe documents, when I paste in
Word - all I get is illegible "control characters"/ "gibberish" on the screen.

Why the inconsistency? Both Adobe files allow "Content Copying or
Extraction" on the Security Tab of the Document Properties.

How can I consistently cut and paste form Adobe documents?

I would really like to get to the bottom of this - as it will potentially
save me lots of time.

Thanks for any advice.

Peter