If the manual page break has gotten inside the XE field, that could be an
issue. Another issue, however, is failure to hide the XE fields (which are
Hidden text) before generating the index.

"Daiya Mitchell" wrote in message
.. .
Well, generally trying to control page breaks in a 120 page document is a
fool's game. Section Breaks are necessary, yes, but just as you let Word
control where a line wraps, you should let Word control where a page

breaks.
If you set your document up properly, you can easily tell Word things like
"keep all titles with the next paragraph". If you are manually setting the
page breaks, that's not the proper flow of pages.

So why do you have all these manual page breaks?

However, I'm surprised that just updating the Index field doesn't work
anyhow--I don't quite see what the manual page breaks have to do with it.

On 8/4/05 7:23 AM, "Dodane" wrote:

I have a Word document about 120 pages long, with Section Breaks, Page
Breaks, Headings, etc. The index I created has several mistakes in it
regarding the page numbers: for some of the referenced words, the page

number
is wrong. For example, if the word is in page 92, in Index would appear

as
being in page 91. I did some research, and all I found is that I have to

get
ride of the Page Breaks (all of them ?? ) and then update the Field for
Index, but if I do that, my whole document will be a mess and I will

lose the
proper flow of pages.

Thank you in advance for any idea.

Dodane