A PageRef to a header will always fail because a header by definition
appears on more than one page.

"Joan NYC" wrote in message
I am working in Word 2002. I want to create a TOC from Header. I know I
cannot do this the traditional way so I have bookmarked the header text.

then used REF for the Header Text and PageRef for the Page #ing. However
each PageRef returns "1". There are odd and even section breaks in doc.

have done this before successfully (in Word 97) and can't figure out what

must be doing incorrectly. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks.