Does the document contain ActiveX controls? See "WD2002: Can't Unprotect
Protected Form That Contains a Control Toolbox Control" at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=275975

"Murray Girl" Murray wrote in message
I created a form in Microsoft Word and protected the document so it could

not
be changed by those using the form. Now I need to make some changes to

the
form but the unprotect option on the tools menu is greyed out and I cannot
select it. I am unable to change the form in any way. I know what the
password is but I can't even select the unprotect option to get prompted

for
the password. Any ideas? Please help.

I am using Microsoft Word 2000.