Graham Mayor

This could be a graphics driver problem. If there is no update available
from Dell, scan to an image file eg jpg and insert the image into your
document. In any case this gives you more control over the process.

The crashes will have left some temporary files that need to be removed
http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

jmb wrote:
Using New Dell Dimensions8400 with XP Prof, using Works Suite 2004
with Word 2002.
& New Dell Printer/Scanner/Fax 962

From Word 2002 I went to tab INSERT, PICTURE, from Scanner. When I
hit the from Scanner and Camera command the program freezes with part
of the drop down box still visible. ( Microsoft sent a solution of
critical updates to correct the problem and they loaded, but not
smoothly...wanted my works suite disc at the same time of down
load...jammed up, but evidently loaded... When I go back to Microsoft
site to check for updates it says I am updated...) Word still freezes!