Jezebel

"Nan Ros" wrote in message
news
I am having trouble adding text to cells in a table. When I left click my
mouse so that I can position a cursor and start pasting in text, instead,
all
the text already in the cell becomes highlighted.

Sounds like you're clicking at the cell edge, rather than IN the cell --
which does indeed select the entire contents.

And if I do click on paste,
it will paste in my new text, but get rid of all the existing text in the
cell.

If you paste while text is selected, what you paste replaces the selection.
This applies everywhere and always in Word.

Finally, if I try to paste the cell onto another word document, it prints
it
as plain text, rather than HTML text- it doesn't even look like a cell
anymore.

Explore the PasteSpecial options.