Jay Freedman

Just to clarify something that may not be obvious: If two AutoText entries
have names that are the same in the first four characters and differ in the
fifth character, the autocomplete tip will appear only when you type the
fifth character.

Since you say this works from another PC, though, I don't think it's a
problem of unique names. Is the "Show AutoComplete suggestions" option
checked (in Insert AutoText AutoText) on *both* PCs?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Charles Kenyon wrote:
I suspect that your AutoText entry names' first four characters are
not unique.

"colinmagpie" wrote in message
I am using word 2002 and have a number of autotext items setup.
However when
I type in first 4 characters of the autotext entry nothing happens.
I have replaced normal.dot file and reinstalled word on this pc but
this has not fixed problem.

NB: when I log onto another with with my roaming profile this
problem does not arise - it is specific to one pc.