LauraL

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

Is Adobe Acrobat 7.0 installed on the computer? If so, the Acrobat 7.0
Create Adobe PDF toolbar add-in for Word prevents Word from automatically
saving changes to the normal.dot template (which is where autotext is
stored). Create/change the autotext again, and click "Shift+File | Save All"
to force Word to save the normal.dot template. Alternatively, you can
prevent the add-in from loading as described in the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm , but you'll lose
the PDF toolbar if you do this.

"suzyq" wrote:

When I create an auto text it is only available until I close Word. After I
close Word, the next time I open Word the new auto text is gone.

Also, when I delete an auto text it is off the list until I close Word.
After I close Word, the next time I open Word the deleted auto text is there
again.