The only way to add a date format to that dialog is to modify your date
format in Windows Regional Options. In this case, I don't think you want to
do that. Use "September 21, 2005" instead. If you're inserting plain text,
select the "21," and delete it. If you're inserting a field, Alt+F9 and edit
the field. It would be more convenient to add this modified field to a
template or save it as AutoText. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/DateFields.htm

"Pete" wrote in message
When inserting an automatic date to a document, the drop down list for the
"insert date and time" does not contain what I need, which is just the

month
and the year, i.e. "September 2005". How do I add this to the drop down

list?
--
Pete