I have to say I've never seen this particular problem, and I do have the
add-in in Word 2003.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
There is no compatibility problem if you have the compatibility update

from
Adobe. However the Acrobat add-in is poorly written and can conflict with
other add-ins. There are better methods of controlling the add-in - see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

dnharris14 wrote:
In my own nonprofessional opinion, there is a compatability problem
between Acrobat 6.0 and Word 2003. Adobe wants you to upgrade to
Acrobat 7.0, hence the reason this never happened using Word 2000.
Microsoft Knowledge Base article 821716 gives instructions regarding
detecting and fixing the problem. It is fairly convoluted, but in the
end, if you are pretty sure the problem is PDFMaker.dot, go to the
office11\startup folder and rename the file to PDFMaker.wbt. Word
2003 now starts up without loading the PDF add-in and my documents
open like they are supposed to.

dnharris14 Wrote:
And yes folks, it has been me posting the same question in a number
of areas. Sorry.

dnharris14