Margaret Aldis

Hi Klaus

You've obviously been more successful with Table Styles than I have :-)

Sorry if my posting was over-prescriptive and negative. I really, really
tried not to be a Luddite over Table Styles when they arrived in Word 2002,
but in all implementations where I've used them the font and paragraph
formatting in the Table Style seem to have been more trouble than help and
I've had to resort to table formatting macros anyway. However, fair to say
this is fairly complex tech doc formats where tables can contain different
paragraph types, and with the need to support a lot of "cut and paste"
usage.

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP

"Klaus Linke" wrote in message
"Margaret Aldis" wrote:
Font settings don't work properly in Table Styles - they will only have
any effect on text that is in Normal style and also in the default Word
font.

I'd say it another way: As long as the "Normal" paragraph style is in
"Times New Roman", it should work fine.

The best solution is to use paragraph styles for the text in tables.

Or refrain from customizing the "Normal" paragraph style, except maybe
change it to 10 pt font size, since else you can't change the table style
to 10 pt.

If possible, I'd like to avoid applying paragraph styles on top of table
styles... just seems a bit messy.
For example, it gets hard to see which table style is applied.

;-) Klaus