MikeChid

Found it- and it was already set to "none". Is there some other way to delete
an invisible character or formatting mark? Backspace and delete key just
won't do it!

mikechid

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

On the Table tab of Table Properties, wrapping can be set to either None or
Around; you want to be sure it's set to None.

"MikeChid" wrote in message
I did not see any option for wrapping, only an option that allows row to
break across pages. I could email you a screen shot if that would be

helpful.
I am using Word 2003.

thanks,
michael

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If you insert a manual page break in a table, it will be split, with an
empty paragraph above the first row on the second page. Since the table

is
split, you also lose repeating headings. To avoid this, you can use the
"Page break before" property on the row you want to go to the next page.
This doesn't split the table, and repeating headings are retained.

That said, this may not be the problem at issue. I have seen (in Word

2003)
tables that were split by an empty paragraph that would not join even

when
the intervening paragraph was deleted. In some cases this was due to one

or
both of the tables being wrapped or rows in the middle of the table

being
tagged as heading rows or some other problem (such as nested tables),

but in
at least one other case I abandoned the troubleshooting for lack of time

and
just used a workaround.

For starters, however, select each piece of the table in turn and go to
Table Properties: Table and make sure wrapping is set to None. Then

select
the entire table and disable "Heading rows repeat" (you can reestablish

your
desired heading row(s) once you get the problem sorted). If none of this

is
helpful, then perhaps nesting is at issue. If worse comes to worst, you

can
convert the table to text and back to a table. Or perhaps someone else

will
have some ideas.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"MikeChid" wrote in message
There is a strange paragraph mark between 2 rows of a table which I

can
not
delete and the rows are not coming together. The Para mark looks

similar
the standard mark but is less bold.

This mark also appears when the table is broken between pages- it

appears
before the first row of the table that goes to the next page.