Larry Root

Default Cursor jumps when scrolling

I'm using MSW 2002 with SP3 on a Dell desktop tower.
I'm in a 55 page document that has a 3 x 66 table at the bottom.
The table has numbers I want the entries ordered by in the first col, SEQ
numbers from a single series in the second col -- each SEQ number is
bookmarked and then cross referenced in the document above, the third col is
a text description of that document. The document above the table has about
100-150 cross references to the bookmarked SEQ numbers.

The document has thtree sections: A 10 page first section, a 41 page second
section with separate page numbering, and a 3 page section with the table.

When I'm in the table and scroll upwards using either the mouse or the
control arrows, the cursor jumps from page 53-55 where I am to home. If I
control scrolling with the side-bar, I get a similar radical tranition, but I
can keep it within the table if I'm careful.

What could cause the (very disruptive) cursor jump?

Thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Larry