Suzan

I think it depends on what you are doing, the quantity of text, and how much
editing you might expect to do. I have had problems with columns in the past
and have done much better with tables. Also, when our company moved from
WordPerfect to Word, many documents that contained tables or columns went
goofy on us. We recreated those sections with tables easier than we could
have with columns. Since they did not expect heavy editing, it worked fine.

Suzan

"rmellison" wrote:

I have a chunk of text within a document that I wish to display in 2 columns.
When I do this, Word adds two continuous section breaks before and after the
columns of text to distinguish it from the text sandwiching it that is not
formatted to columns. However, this plays havoc with my headers and footers,
and I find that the columned text is treated as a whole new section and the
page numbering reverts back to 1. The next section, immediately after the
columned text is also treated seperately and the page number reverts back to
1 also. I need the page numbers to be continuous, is there a way around this
or am I approaching it incorrectly???

Many thanks in advance.