Lemnibus

Thanks so much for posting this fix!!! I actually postponed installing
XP service pack 2 at home because I thought that was the culprit. My
sanity has been restored; God bless you!

Mike

Suzanne S. Barnhill Wrote:
I read somewhere today that there is an Acrobat 7.02 update available.
doubt seriously that it treats this problem, but if you haven't
updated,
it's worth a try.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Larryq22" wrote in message
...-
I'm having EXACTLY the same problem. I also have Acrobat 7 - is the
workaround still the only way to avoid the situation of buttons-
disappearing?-

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
-
Do you have Acrobat 7 installed? If so, it prevents Normal.dot
from--
being--
saved. The only workaround currently available is to press Shift
while
clicking on File, then choose Save All to force a save of
Normal.dot.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the--
newsgroup so--
all may benefit.

"Jason Ryon" wrote in message
...-
I am having problems with Word. Office 2003 Professional.
I am trying to add buttons to the button bar below
File..Edit..etc...
I click on the down arrow in my button bar. Click "Add or Remove-
Buttons".-
Click Customize. In the commands tab, I select Insert and
locate---
symbol.--
I-
then drag this icon up to the menu. It shows up there. However,
when---
I--
exit-
out of Word, and go back in, the button is gone again. I have
admin
privliges.
Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Jason Ryon-

Lemnibus