Kenneth

Default Weird Margin hassles with Word 2000...?

On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 23:34:25 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

The unprintable area is determined at least in part by paper-handling
issues, not just the range of the print head. So even though the printer can
demonstrably print in the area occupied by your label, Word still assumes
that the printer requires some area at the top, sides, and bottom, to grip
the paper as it goes through the printer. Unless your label is actually
centered in a larger sheet of paper, then this may be the issue involved.

Hi Suzanne,

I am pleased that you responded... (and realized a moment
ago as I offered my comments below, that I believe you have
provided the answer I needed.)

Here's the situation:

These are one-up tractor fed labels, that is a continuous
strip.

The labels are on a backing material.

If I define the dimensions of the template to be the
dimensions of the backing material (rather than the label
proper) I can certainly print to the edges of the label (and
beyond) should I make the template even larger than that.

I am not at the system right now, but it surely seems to me
that you have offered the solution:

My labels are 4" x 2".

I will just stretch the template to be, say, 6" x 4" and
place my text "in the middle." That will "fool" Word into
avoiding the margin issue altogether.

More later, and thanks again,
--
Kenneth