Travis Bryant

Hello -

Thanks for the quick response Stefan. Unfortunately, I didn't acheive the
behavior I was looking for. When using that option as you suggested, after
creating the Continuous Section Break, column 2 (the right column) moves text
down to line up with the section break that was created. Basically, the
behavior is the same as adding a Column Break. Is there a way to create that
section break within the column *without* moving the text in the right column
downwards (i.e. no white space in the second column)?

Thanks again.
-Travis

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

On the Tools menu, click Options. Click the Compatibility tab. Check
the option to "Don't balance columns for Continuous section starts"
and click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Travis Bryant" wrote in message
I have a unique request, I believe. If I have started with a

two-column
layout and create a continuous section break, the section break cuts

across
both columns and any text in column 1 (on left-side) that was below

the
section break snakes across to column 2. Is it possible to create a
continuous section break *within* column 1 so that the snaking

continues
unabated at the bottom of the page?

I'm sure the first question will be "why would you want to create a
continuous section break within a column when the whole purpose of a
continous section break is to change the columnar layout of a

different
section?" (or something to that effect). The answer is that I'M not

doing it,
a PROGRAM is - it generates a document from multiple sections of

language,
and each section of language is wrapped in continuous section

breaks. I want
these sections of langauge to continue in the traditional columnar

layout
without having the section break cut across both columns.

Hope this makes sense, and someone may have a cool trick.

-Travis Bryant