Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
TF TF is offline

Default Auto-capitalizing the first word of a sentence/line

This is under Tools, Options, AutoCorrect: just clear the check box for
Capitalise the first word of a new sentence. Alternatively, if you only
input like this occasionally, you can use the Undo command (Ctrl+Z) as soon
as it happens.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Arnie" wrote in message
How can I turn this off? If I type a lower case letter as the first
letter of a sentence, I want it to stay that way. This typically applies
to technical docs especially with source code. For example, if I type

std::string s;

I DON'T want Word to change it to:

Std::string s;

Thanks,