Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Robert M. Franz [RMF] Robert M. Franz [RMF] is offline

Default HOW CAN I MAKE CHANGES TO A PDF FILE THAT CAME INTO MY EMAIL?

Hello Axe/Betty

axe1 wrote:
"BETTY S." wrote:

I CAN OPEN THE PDF FILE THAT CAME INTO MY EMAIL BUT I CANNOT MAKE ANY CHANGES
TO IT. CAN I SAVE IT TO ANOTHER TYPE FILE AND MAKE CHANGES. PLEASE LET ME
KNOW. ALL I FOUND WAS INFO ON HAVING TO BUY SOME KIND OF SOFTWARE.

not really a Word question, but: when you open the file from your email,
what application is opening (top left of the window)?

Most probably this is Adobe Reader, and there, you cannot do much at all
in terms of editing or converting the file.

You'd need the full Acrobat, or some freeware softwar that can edit
(rarely satisfactory job unless you know a great deal about how the
original PDF has been made) or convert the PDF (say, to RTF, to be
opened up in Word).

PDFs in general are not meant to be edited. Sending your remarks to the
person who sent you the file, so he can edit his original source, would
be the best approach (or ask him to send you a format you may edit).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |