Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Daedalusfbo Daedalusfbo is offline

Default Unknown name in mail merge

Hi everyone! I need to send out about 500 form letters to different
companies. I have my database and form letter all set up as follows:

«Company_Name»
«Address_Line_1»
«ZIP_Code»

The problem is that I don't have a last name for all of the companies
in my database. Therefore, when I go to print my form letter, the
greeting will look like this: "Dear:" because the last name in the
database is left blank.

I can't enter Sir or Madam under the last name in the Database because
then my form letter will look like this:

Sir or Madam
Company ABC
123 Street
City, State
Zip Code

Dear Sir or Madam:

Can someone please tell me how I can get my form letter to
automatically enter "Sir or Madam" under the greeting when I don't have
a last name in my database (without having it show up under the top line
of my address line)?

Thank you!

--
Daedalusfbo