garfield-n-odie

Word remembers what day it was when you last rebooted the computer, and
uses that for the current date. So if you haven't rebooted since
yesterday, then Word picks up yesterday's date. To fix the problem, reboot.

Wayne Thomas wrote:

I have Word 2000 on a Windows 2000 platform.

I recently had to wipe the HD and re-install the operating system &
programs. Now, when I start to type the current date (not in a field, just
text), Word offers its suggestion in a box and if I press enter, it completes
the entry with a date that is 1-day off (i.e. January 25, 2005 vs january 26)
from the computers system date.

I have tried resetting the system date and back again with no luck and I
cannot seem to find a way to correct the disparity.