Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default print job size

Hello Nick

wrote:
[..]
Hello there, thanks for replying. In answer to your question, here is
an example based on a simple word doc

(a) First time open - print - 104380 bytes
(b) Edit doc by adding one character - 90148 bytes
(c) Print again - 90148 bytes
(d) Print again - 90148 bytes
etc

The first time print is always bigger than subsequent prints, almost
as if Word is passing more information to the printer the first time a
document is printed.

As I mentioned, some printers work fine. I tried it on a Samsung laser
printer and it all worked as expected. It seems to be a combination of
Word and some printers (possibly non-laser printers, but that's just a
guess really).

hmm, not much to add to here then. And I don't really know whether
another of the Newsgroups in the microsoft.public.word. hierarchy is
better suited for that sort of question (maybe .printingfonts?).

To find out, you'll probably have to discuss this with the printer
driver manufacturer. When all is said and done, the resolution might as
well be that Word or the OS is saying "hi" to the printer ... :-)

0.002cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MSFT |