Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Default unwanted pagebreak in a list merge

Hi shedragon713,

As Peter says, you can use Word's Catalogue/Directory Mailmerge facility for your merge (the terminolgy depends on the Word
version) - that's what the process in the MSKB article is based on. For more details, check out my Word 97-2007 Catalogue/Directory
Mailmerge Tutorial at:
http://www.wopr.com/index.php?showtopic=731107
or
http://www.gmayor.com/Zips/Catalogue%20Mailmerge.zip
Do read the tutorial before trying to use the mailmerge document included with it.

--
Cheers
macropod

"shedragon713" wrote in message ...
hi there,

I copied this code directly from the MSWord tutorial
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/294686/) -- everything works except that
there's a pagebreak between each item. what am I doing wrong?

{ IF { MERGESEQ } = "1" "{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶
" "" }{ SET Place1 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶
{ If { Place2 } { Place1 }"¶
{ MERGEFIELD CITY }¶

{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } { MERGEFIELD SALES }" "{ MERGEFIELD EMPLOYEE } {
MERGEFIELD SALES }" }{ SET Place2 { MERGEFIELD CITY }}¶

thanks for your help!

-- dum spiro spero