Luc

Default Font changes in "Normal" style.

Dan,
I thought so, but it was worth a shot. You say it is only occasionaly, that
seems weird. Maybe it's an indication that normal.dot is becoming corrupt.
Try renaming it, do not delete it, work for a while with the new normal.dot
and see if the behaviour reappears. If not, copy any customizations from
your old normal.dot to your new and delete the old one.
Luc
"Dan Schaffer" schreef in bericht
Thanks, Luc, but that's what I've already done.

Dan

"Luc" wrote in message
Dan,
If i understand you correctly you want to start every new document in
Word with the Arial font. Well go to Format - font - choose Arial - click
on the button at the bottom of the dialogue which lets you change the
default font, click on yes when you are prompted to save this setting to
normal.dot.
Does this help?
Luc
"Dan Schaffer" schreef in bericht
Hi,

I use Word 2002, with Win XP Pro, SP2.

I've defined the "Normal" style as including the Arial font. Yet every
once in a while I'll open a new (blank) document and find that "Normal"
has been redefined to use Times New Roman.

I'd be grateful for an explanation and help in fixing this behavior.

Good luck, Dan