Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kevin B

Default Problem: excel graphs in word

If your charts do not need to be dynamically linked to the Excel source file
you can copy the chart and just paste it in. This does not dramatically
increase the size of the file.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Smurfette" wrote:

Hi there,

I've pasted (linked) a few graphs from excel into word. It worked fine for
the first couple. For the last few, it took forever to paste/ or my system
crashed/ or I pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del, and I have had to recover the files.
Very annoying!

Is it a bug (I did read a posting about excel graphs susbtantially
increasing the size of the word file)? Or is there another solution that I
can use, so that the graphs can be updated, without causing grief when
pasting them, linked, into my word file?

Thanks in anticipation.

Cheers,
Debbie