Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Amy Blankenship Amy Blankenship is offline

Default Clickable text in Word templates

I haven't been able to find any difference between this and a regular text
field (i.e. when you click the text field the default text goes away and no
trace of the original field seems to exist in the document). When I tried
to insert a MacroButton field, it automatically selected the first macro on
the list and did not seem to offer a way to type in the name of a
nonexistent macro. I didn't want to add an empty macro named NoMacro,
because many people get prompted when they try to view a doc with macros,
and they think you're being sneaky.

Are there any disadvantages to just using a text field instead?

-Amy

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
See http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide...tm#MacroButton,
http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm and
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/TblsFl...acroButton.htm for more
about macrobutton fields.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Amy Blankenship" wrote in message
I'm not sure what you call it in a template where MS has included text
Click here to enter your name or whatever, that when you click it the
default text goes away and the new text replaces it, but I'd like to do
that in a custom template. Since I don't know what it is, I don't know
how to look for it in the help. Anyone know what that's called?

TIA;

Amy