Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.programming

Default Tracked Changes: manual color change

Have the originator make a copy of the document on her PC. On the copy,
run the macro listed at
http://groups.google.com/group/micro...353bce905e7a03
to convert the tracked changes to formatted text, and see if the results
are satisfactory. I haven't tried it, so I don't know if the macro will
need tweaking to get the colors right. If the macro does need tweaking,
then don't ask me cuz I'm no VBA expert, but I'm sure one of the other
regulars here will jump in to help if you can tell us what (if anything)
is wrong with the results. If you don't know what to do with a macro,
then see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm .

wrote:

I think the problem is, the same as garfield-n-odie has said - the
instructions Summer has given do not apply to Word 2002. With regard
to the question about authors, the red and green colors do indicate
different authors, but there is no problem with the green color. It's
just that on the originator's PC, their amendments show up as red and
on my PC, their same amendments show up as blue, and I need them to be
red!

Any thoughts on doing this using VBA, even by removing the tracked
changes and replacing them with regular colored text?

Steve