Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
KR

Default view format & track changes- use default setting instead of how document was saved? (W2003)

I sometimes get documents from co-workers where (when I open them) the view
is something different that what I normally use (normal vs print layout),
and sometimes the track changes bar comes up when a document is opened too.

I'd like for every document I open to open in print layout view (regardless
of how the previous person saved it) and always come up without the track
changes bar (we tend to use other methods of version control).

Is there a way for me to set up my Word2003 installation to "override" any
settings saved in the document?

Thanks,
Keith

--
The enclosed questions or comments are entirely mine and don't represent the
thoughts, views, or policy of my employer. Any errors or omissions are my