Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default How do I make several references to a single footnote?

Insert | Reference | Cross-reference to Footnote Number (formatted). But it
sounds as if what you need is a references list rather than footnotes; see
http://daiya.mvps.org/biblio.htm#AlphaEndnotes

"LovableNoobie" wrote in message
I want to be able to cite a single footnote several times, but each time I
put a footnote in Word it makes a new one. Is it possible to make Word
understand that I want to refer to an existing footnote, not make a new
one?
For example, if I have a list of items and I want to make a footnote
comment
that refers to some of those items I should be able to put the comment
once
and then put the same note reference mark after each subsequent item to
which
the comment applies.