Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default AM/PM selection character

Well, that may be an acceptable alternative, but it's not what the OP asked
for, which was AM directly above PM (no line).

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
It will look like ½ only with am where the 1 is and pm where the 2 is
The macro doesn't actually use the fraction switch but creates the
'fraction' from formatted characters.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
But will they have a line between them? That's why I recommended the
array switch for the EQ field rather than the fraction switch.

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Maybe still not exactly what you want, but try the macro at
http://www.gmayor.com/createfraction.htm
which will format text to look like a fraction as well as numbers.

Jen wrote:
Thanks Suzanne - I gave it a try and it works, but still not exactly
what I was looking for. It is bigger than a regular line, so it
messes up the line spacing.

I know I see this on printed forms all the time - I guess was hoping
that there was a special character somewhere that could accomplish
it. Oh well...guess I will stick with the old "AM/PM" on one line.

Thanks though - I didn't know it was possible to do this, and I'm
sure it will come in handy in the future.

Jen